Wiley Publishers has a page describing the kinds of publishing jobs they have and a link to their current openings.
11 September, 2010
16 July, 2010
Pearson Canada is looking for a Developmental Editor for their Don Mills office. The deadline is July 19.
For details see Developmental Editor, Higher Education Division.
- Ensure assigned project goals are met following established project guidelines for the team.
- Contribute to the success of stated business goals of the team.
- Track and communicate ongoing detailed status of projects as requested (eg by team leader, Manager, Acquisitions Editor, Marketing Manager, production, media, etc)
- Assist in the assessment of proposals
- Develop assigned projects in development, including:
- Guide and instruct authors in their preparation of manuscripts.
- Create and maintain detailed project schedules.
- Assess sample chapters and provide appropriate editorial feedback.
- Monitor and ensure projects are developed within specified budgets.
- Ensure projects comply with acceptance criteria and production guidelines.
- Prepare acceptable manuscripts for launch, according to Production and CS guidelines.
- Monitor projects through production to ensure budgets and specifications are accurate.
- Coordinate with other project stakeholders (eg Media Editors, Project Managers, Acquisitions Editors, Marketing Managers) when required
- Prepare guidelines for reviewers and questionnaires for survey respondents as directed.
- Analyze reviews, surveys, and responses as needed.
- Participate in preparing and conducting focus groups as required.
- Work with Marketing to ensure marketing materials are accurate and complete.
- Suggest ongoing changes and improvements to development procedures.
- University degree
- Previous developmental editing experience required
- Very strong communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office
Candidates are asked to submit a résumé and cover letter by July 19, 2010 to:
Paula Hunter, Human Resources Consultant
Fax: (416) 447-0598
We would like to thank all those who inquire or apply.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.