There’s an opening for a technical writer/coordinator at AFI Hydro. The employer AFI Hydro Inc. make control gates and other equipment for hydroelectric power generation. The location is Kitchener, Brantford, or Paris, Ontario, or all three. What they really want is an engineer who can write.
Analyze material, such as specifications, notes and drawings and write manuals, user guides and other documents to explain clearly and concisely the installation, operation and maintenance of various equipment manufactured.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
· Create user, installation, operations and maintenance manuals.
· Manage the information database required for manuals creation.
· Modify, adapt and create drawings and models to suit the manuals needs.
· Correspondence with clients.
· Work with Project Management Coordinator to print, store and log client returned comments for multiple projects.
· Store information on various media and forward to customer.
· Assist with drafting and office administration as required.
· University or College in the area of Engineering (Mechanical or Civil).
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical writing preferred.
· Familiarity with OSHA and Ministry of Labor requirements.
· Experience in custom water control gate design or large structural design and hoists is preferred.
· Ability to create models and drawings through the use of AutoCAD and Solidworks to suit the manual creation requirements.
· Experience with publishing software.