Bombardier Aerospace is looking for a bilingual Technical Publications Supervisor at Dorval, Quebec, to oversee about fifteen technical communicators writing about Global Series aircraft. The candidate must be bilingual in French and English and be knowledgeable about aerospace technology.
Bombardier Aerospace build and support aircraft such as regional airliners, business jets, and amphibious aircraft.
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Publications, you will supervise a dedicated team of approximately fifteen technical writers, technical illustrators, publishers and program planners in order to produce up-to-date aircraft maintenance and flight manuals for the Global Series aircraft. Additionally, you will be responsible to oversee and manage the productivity and quality of work of your outsourcing partner in India and several program partners working on-line around the world.
You will be responsible for the following activities: program management and resource performance of your team, program governance for the Global series aircraft technical publication effort, and all production activities related to the production and maintenance of your Global series aircraft flight and maintenance data to a “world class” quality level.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- College diploma in aerospace or equivalent (Equivalent to a diploma or equivalent to aerospace?)
- Good computer skills
- Have experience in reading engineering documentation, modification summaries, and specifications
- Familiar with aircraft production methods
- Familiar with customer after-sales services
- Work well under pressure
- Meet tight deadlines
- Be able to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- At ease at giving presentations in French and English
- Proven leadership skills
- Project management experience
- Can travel occasionally