Bombardier Aerospace is looking for a bilingual Technical Publications Supervisor at St. Laurent, Quebec, to document C-class aircraft. The candidate must be bilingual in French and English and be knowledgeable about aerospace technology.
Bombardier Aerospace build and support aircraft such as regional airliners, business jets, and amphibious aircraft. Their somewhat repetitious job description is below.
Reporting to the Manager, CSeries Commercial Aircraft Technical Publications, the Supervisor manages and recruits a team of technical publications specialists to define processes and produce technical documentation. The Supervisor will also establish and maintain the coordination of deliverables from Suppliers and Service Providers.
- Manage the definition and production of the data for the related publications;
- Perform all administration tasks related to employees: recruiting, management and communication;
- Responsible to represent Technical Publications in all phases of the Engineering product development activities;
- Produce program and Technical Publications deliverables as per departmental schedule.
- Responsible to ensure that the documentation meets the business unit objectives and for the continuous improvement of the associated processes and tools based on customer comments and needs.
The candidate will:
- Define standards and requirements for creation, and for distribution of the documentation in an electronic format as per S1000D and or ATA 2300 specification;
- Develop the program procedures documentation for the production of the documentation;
- Do research and establish contact with the airline industry in order to benchmark the publications requirements for the program;
- Represent Technical Publications within the Integrated Product Development Team during the program development phase activities;
- Participate in the development and update of the detailed planning for the publications preparation;
- Manage the preparation of the Technical Publications training documentation related to its publications;
- Organize training related to its publications to Suppliers and Services provider;
- Coordinate the definition of the publications book plan with internal and external suppliers;
- Identify, evaluate and define the action plans and schedules to minimize risks to completion of the publications according to the program requirements.
- Work closely with Human Resources to perform recruiting as per department hiring plan.
- Continuously monitor and address employee Personal Development Plan (PDP) requirements to meet the future needs of the organization.
- Perform and monitor Performance Management Process (PMP) with all direct employees.
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- Has college or university diploma in aerospace or equivalent
- Has minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in Technical Publications
- Has good background in supervising experienced employees
- Is an effective leader who has the ability to:
- develop a strong team,
- develop and implement new process and tools,
- lead process improvement initiatives,
- deliver results,
- is highly organized
- able to handle multiple priorities.
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English and French.
- Is computer literate
- Knows multiple publishing software
- Has a strong interest in information technologies.
- A leader and team player
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Able to delegate to and coach direct employees
- Customer-focused while keeping Bombardier’s interest in mind as well
- Organized, able to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively while working toward aggressive deadlines
- Can work independently with little supervision and make sound decisions
- Available for occasional travel
- Has a good understanding of airline operations & maintenance
Technical & Professional Expertise:
- Detailed understanding of Technical Publications processes and technologies
- Excellent understanding of the ATA 100 and ATA 2200 standards
- Basic understanding of ATA 2300 and S1000D specifications
- Good knowledge of SGML and XML authoring languages
- Strong understanding of the Bombardier Engineering System and Design procedures;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Projects…)
- Proficient with Lotus Notes
- Proficient with SAP
- Proficient with Documentum
- Proficient with eRoom
- Previous experience in product development is an important asset;
- Knowledge and experience in any Bombardier Customer Services and Support area is an asset.