It’s summer and many people are on vacation, so job-seekers must look into new sources of leads to maintain their supply. One site that I just found is careers.org.
The site has an uninformative map pin-pointing the geographic centre of Ontario and omitting most of the most highly populated region, Southern Ontario. At the same time, the view is too close to show where Ontario is in Canada. It’s just “web content—insert image here.”
However, it claims high numbers of results. Let’s have a look.
The Ontario page has two tabs: General Information and Links.
- It mentions Ottawa, Guelph, Cambridge, and Kitchener-Waterloo as high-tech centres and Toronto as a centre of the financial industry.
- It says that Toronto and Ottawa are nice places to live.
- Ontario has the largest provincial economy.
- It doesn’t hint that Toronto is the biggest city with 15% of Ontario’s population and the largest job pool in the country.
- The Links section is blank.
So this is a job opportunity after all! It’s an opportunity for someone to offer to populate their web site with useful information, for a reasonable fee of course.