This job ad from monster.ca is unusually frank in its requirement that the new manager must fit in.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER, DOCUMENTATION
About the Job
What will TD Insurance do for you:
We are a growing organization that offers challenging opportunities in a dynamic, team environment. We offer flexible benefits and compensation packages that allow our employees to make choices that fit their individual lifestyles.
* Competitive Salary, plus bonus
* Comprehensive Benefits Program
* Pension Plan and RRSP
* TD Banking benefits
* Ongoing Training & Development
* Education Assistance Program
* Fun and Friendly Work Environment
Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Services, the incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day Claims Documentation functions. The Department Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to members of personnel; delivering and maintaining the quality of service to internal clients in accordance with Company policies and procedures; and working closely with management team to ensure efficiency of the departments. The incumbent is also responsible for organizing and implementing the closed claim file archiving process. Scheduled hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
· Organizes, directs and manages the workload and output of the Documentation department in support of Claims functions.
· Monitors the quality of the workload and output of the department and ensures it meets Company standards.
· Monitors the quantity of workload and reallocates resources as necessary to ensure efficiency and productivity levels are achieved.
· Tracks interruptions/problems of workflow and offers solutions.
· Liases with management team regarding issues relating to the efficiency of the department.
· Communicates expectations to team members; manages performance and provides ongoing coaching, feedback and recognition on all productivity and quality aspects.
· Creates and fosters a motivating work environment.
· Manages the implementation of change within the team.
· Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the Claims Team.
· Ensures all client requests are handled in a timely manner.
· Remains current on all company philosophies and procedures.
· Works on special projects, as required.
SKILLS AND CRITICAL COMPENTENCIES:
· You have a minimum of three years experience managing a team.
· You are able to create and sustain positive team spirit and a constructive working environment within the team.
· You have a superior client service orientation.
· You take a pro-active approach to meeting the needs of internal clients.
· You demonstrate superior interpersonal and communication skills.
· You demonstrate strong leadership skills.
· You possess excellent organization and time management skills.
· You have the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently.
· You have a thorough understanding of the coaching process and the techniques required to coach people.
· You demonstrate support for change and understand basic change principles.
· You display flexibility in working relationships.
· You demonstrate team spirit and promote a positive morale.
· You are analytical and detail oriented.
· You are able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· You are able to work under pressure and under minimum supervision.
· You demonstrate a professional image and manner.
· You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· You are flexible in your hours of work.
· Your knowledge of AS400, Microsoft Office and Outlook programs is an asset.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with reference code DMETO on the subject line of your email.