Oxford University press on Don Mills Road in Toronto is looking for an Aquisitions Editor. In this role, you shepherd books through the publishing process and look for new books and authors. If you have a literary bent and editorial or sales experience, this might be for you!
- Work with authors to develop and prepare new projects for approval
- In collaboration with other departments, prepare accurate project budgets and sales projections
- Effectively manage strategic growth and development of publishing lists in a variety of disciplines
- Coordinate the development of digital and new media resources to meet market needs
- Work with sales representatives in the field to promote OUP titles and learning solutions
- Attend sales conferences to present new titles and products to sales and marketing teams